|Company Name||Wargaming America (view profile)|
|Location||Emeryville, CA, California|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2017|
Wargaming America is looking for a quality Senior Publishing BI Analyst to join our business team. This position requires a person who is adept at thinking strategically while utilizing cutting edge data analytic techniques to develop a deep and broad understanding of our players (e.g. where they come from, what they do and say, and how we can increase satisfaction).
This position reports to the Director of Business Planning and Analysis in Emeryville and will also be a member of Wargaming’s Global Analyst Network.
Essential Job Function:
– Interface with Wargaming team(s) to identify information requirements, analytical questions, hypotheses, data sources, business rules, desired outcomes along with short and long-term impacts.
– Design, draft and produce reporting/analysis based on specific Regional Office requirements.
– Develop analytical/statistical models utilizing external reference and internal research data.
– Query relevant data from Hadoop and Oracle in support of request from publishing stakeholders.
– Provide analytical support for pre and post launch marketing activities, promotions, offers and campaigns; funnel metrics, performance advertising, CRM, community and industry events, business development initiatives
– Work closely with other Wargaming Analytic teams to define segmentation groupings and life-time value metrics; work with data science team(s) to create and implement propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors
– Assist Regional finance and operations reporting and analysis (KPI trends, forecasts).
– Deliver an unbiased, fact-driven approach to research and reporting.
– Communicate with stakeholders on processes and methods of analyses
– Active participation in Wargaming.net’s Global Analyst Network: shared investigations, peer-reviewing, mentoring, etc., to further enhance our competitive advantage.
– Create, publish and review Tableau dashboards to monitor live operations
– Provide actionable feedback and recommendations to stakeholder requests
Essential Position Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Economics or Computer Science; Masters ideal.
5+ years’ experience in quantitative or qualitative analytics in digital media/entertainment, advertising or the video game industry.
– Advanced knowledge of relational databases (such as Oracle) and SQL scripting.
– Significant experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce technologies and databases.
– Experienced in statistical modeling and data mining
– Ability to effectively convey analysis and statistics via contextually appropriate, logical data stories from raw data.
– Track record of effective communication and presentation skills both in-person and remote.
– Familiarity or experience with unstructured data, text and sentiment analysis.
– Experience with data discovery, visualization and dashboards; Tableau experience is a must.
– Must be able to communicate highly technical data in simple ways to appropriate audience.
– Ability to offer advice and expertise to appropriate audience
– Possess effective listening skills with ability to determine root cause quickly
– Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
– High integrity and demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
– Extremely detail oriented with the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
– Passionate about digital gaming and multi-player online games.
– Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed.
– Foreign language skills a plus, knowledge of Russian is a plus.
Please apply directly through Jobvite, here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/wargaming-america/job/oryt5fwh
- Senior Technical Analyst – Data Analytics & Reporting posted 4 days ago.