|Company Name||Affinity Health Plan|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2017|
Affinity Health Plan, an independent, growing, not-for-profit managed care company designed specifically to serve the needs of low-income New Yorkers, needs a Lead Data Science Analyst. In this role, you will play a key part in developing and providing sophisticated reporting strategies and analytical support for strategic and business decision-making, working collaboratively with stakeholders from across the organization to provide information, insights and BI (Business Intelligence) solutions that contribute to sound strategic planning, decision-making, priority-and goal-setting, and effective performance measurement.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
Be the primary liason/analyst for our most complex and critical business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into reporting and analytic solutions.
Be responsible to effectively communicate with your stakeholders and customers and ensure all requests are properly triaged, recorded and tracked.
Analyze issues using enrollment, utilization, clinical, medical management, financial and other corporate data, and information from both modeled internal data as well as disparate internal and external sources.
- Work with departmental staff to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools.
- Identify necessary data, data sources and methodologies.
- Collect, organize, integrate, analyze and interpret data.
- Leverage advanced statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions that you effectively communicate to your stakeholders.
- Identify and address expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions. Clearly communicating data issues to the recipients and working to improve data quality where possible within the analytical models you create. Feeding data quality issues back to the Data Management team to assist in our quest for high quality data.
- Develop and present reports, analyses and findings to senior management and others as scheduled or requested.
Participate in developing corporate standards for performance metrics, data collection, data integrity, query design, and reporting format to ensure high quality, meaningful analytic output.
Help identify and understand data from internal and external sources for competitive, scenario and performance analyses, financial modeling, and to gain member/provider insight into new and existing processes and business opportunities.
Work closely with the Data Management team on the ongoing improvement of Affinity’s integrated data warehouse, driven by strategic and business needs, and designed to ensure data and reporting consistency throughout the organization.
Establish and maintain project work plans, including critical tasks, milestones, timelines, interdependencies and contingencies. Track and report progress. Keep management apprised of project status and implications for completion.
Provide technical leadership and support to data analytics functions, as they relate to varied business units. Provide technical expertise on the selection, development and implementation of various reporting and BI tools tied to specific business unit reporting requirements. Create new BI reports and interactive dashboards as required.
Participate in design discussions to ensure common vocabularies and other data representations that will support requirements for analytics, business intelligence and governmental regulations.
Participate in data modeling, data quality control, master data management and data governance activities to support data repositories and data sharing initiatives.
Prepare clear, well-organized project-specific documentation, including, at a minimum, analytic methods used, key decision points and caveats, with sufficient detail to support comprehension and replication.
Ensure customers are adequately trained to use self-service BI tools and dashboards.
Assist and teach others within the organization on how to a) define meaningful process and performance measures, b) develop BI queries, and c) generate and use management reports effectively.
Share development and process knowledge with other analysts in order to assure redundancy and continuously build a core of analytical strength within the organization.
Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and methodologies of process improvement. Apply these in the execution of responsibilities in support of a process focused approach.
Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Senior Business Intelligence Analyst posted about 14 hours ago.
- Data Reporting Analyst posted 3 days ago.
- Business Intelligence Analyst posted 9 days ago.
- Business Intelligence Systems Analyst – IT Finance posted 10 days ago.
- Data Reporting Analyst posted 11 days ago.