|Company Name||MGM Resorts International|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2017|
The Director Data Analytics and Architecture will influence and set standards for the organization’s Information Management areas including Enterprise Architecture, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Warehousing, Database Design and Management, Big Data, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization. This position will drive Enterprise Analytics (EA) architecture, create/mature and communicate the EA data management strategy and data standards, execution of strategic projects to realize the data management strategy target state, supporting the data governance program for data/reporting systems and data stores. This individual collaborates with Enterprise Analytics teams and business stakeholders to identify and exploit opportunities to utilize business intelligence solutions, data visualization big data, data marts and data warehouse systems to improve business processes, enable / enhance self service capabilities and create predictive analytics.
- Engage in software evaluations and technical proof of concepts.
- Refine data strategies and manage/optimize the underlying systems and processes for data governance including data quality, meta data management, data lineage and data protection.
- Set and drive the technical needs of the organization impart knowledge and use of data and analytical tools to drive insight into the business to drive revenue, cost reduction and improved client/partner experience.
- Determine data profiling tools for enterprise data.
- Collaborate with business teams to evangelize and drive usage / compliance of solutions.
- Lead the ongoing enhancement and operations of a business intelligence and big data architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business processes and how they impact BI requirements.
- Partner with Information Technologies and business teams to evangelize and drive usage / compliance of BI solutions.
- Manage all operational data stores and enterprise data warehouses in the enterprise.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- At least 7 years of computer systems analysis, consulting, and experience, preferably in large-scale business software implementation projects (ERP, CRM, EDW and third party Data Warehouse solutions).
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing data management systems including RDBMS’s, Data Warehouses and Datamarts.
- Experience in design, implementing and proliferating data management strategies and standards.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture with proven solution successes.
- Progressive experience managing robust business intelligence, decision support, and analytical toolsets such as Microsoft BI, Tableau, Power BI, Teradata, AQS, Azure, Cognos, SAS, and/or Business Objects.
- Experience with implementing Big Data capabilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Technical Analyst posted 3 days ago.
- Senior Technical Analyst – Data Analytics & Reporting posted 4 days ago.