|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
This is a great contract opportunity with reputable client located in Dallas, Texas.
We'd love to hear from you to tell you more about our industry leading benefits, as well as the team that will be dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals from start to finish!
*US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or work on a Corp-to-Corp basis.*
The Business Intelligence Systems Analyst will play a key role in IT Finance initiatives and will be responsible for the successful delivery of functional and technical components of planning, budgeting and forecasting solutions using SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC). This IT Finance team member will collaborate with cross functional teams and key stakeholders, and will act as a liaison between IT Services, and IT Business Intelligence teams. This position requires significant coordination with other departments and business partners in order to provide support. This is a hands-on role the candidate is expected to apply functional and technical integration knowledge of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC), Oracle, EPM BI reporting tools and functional accounting/finance processes (reports, input schedules, script logic, allocations, and distributions, trending, and forecast models). The candidate will be expected to consult with all levels of the organization on advising it’s business partners on leading practices within the business planning cycles, including strategic, financial and operational and budget planning with strong accounting/finance skills. The candidate will be involved in the full life cycle of an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) implementation from project starting with the initial design of the performance management framework to the implementation of the supporting technology. JOB DUTIES
- Develop business requirements documentation, process workflow diagrams, functional specifications, user acceptance test scripts and other supporting documentation for BI initiatives
- Design, build, test Applications on the SAP BPC platform standard and/or embedded version, by defined requirement by industry and Line of Business experts.
- Interact and train team members on applications, identify and develop new requirements, enhancements and lead deployment.
- Work with various business functions such as Accounting & Finance, Systems Integration, Data Warehouse and BI Administration to ensure that source system data is available for assigned projects
- Identify and formalize best practices in application while continuously seeking opportunities to refine, improve, and automate data gathering and reporting.
- Analyzes complex financial data, assess technical requirements for accuracy and determine optimal solutions and gaps from current state, dependencies and risks
- Research and resolve discrepancies related to data and systems
- Collaborate with various business groups to gather and document project requirements while ensuring new functionality meets business objectives when implemented
- Responsible for reconciling and testing data and systems, research and resolves variances as needed
- Able to manage multiple high priority projects and assigned task simultaneously
- Maintains thorough knowledge of data/information sources.
- Lead in the development and management of processes, training tools, procedures, report templates, Multi-dimensions models and dimension members.
- Maintain advanced skills and knowledge required for the role including but not limited to: SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, SAP (BPC) Business Planning & Consolidation, Oracle and other technology solutions.
- Partner and maintain productive working relationship with various cross-functional areas and business partners.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Perform special projects and other related ad-hoc task as assigned/required.
- Serve as primary contact for IT Finance for all questions project implementation.
- Perform Unit Testing on Maintenance Items and Production Break Fixes.
- Capable of learning new systems, improving processes and creating process documentation.
- The ideal candidate must be independently motivated, a collaborative team player and adaptable to different situations and personalities
A strong candidate will also have:
- Expert knowledge of implementing SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) – Standard and Embedded models
- User Experience with Business ERP systems, Oracle preferred.
- SAP BI/BW and EPM experience.
- Experience with financial data compilation, analysis and metrics management.
- Strong working knowledge of internal controls, policies, training, SOX compliance, and audit activities a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to diagnose and analyze problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP Reports to: IT Finance Manager Direct Reports: None QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge
- Through technical understanding of business systems and system such SAP (BPC) and Oracle.
- Experience developing data visualization and analytics reports with (ERPs and Business Intelligence tools such Cognos, SAS, Tableau SQL, relational databases is a plus.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid financial acumen and highly proficient in accounting/financial principles, practices and procedures – able to understand complex financial concepts
- Experience working with complex data and cross functional teams, with emphasis on systems, technologies, process improvement, business process redesign, and knowledge of developing technical requirements.
- Working knowledge of SQL and EPM Reporting Tools such as SAP (BPC), SAP Business Objects and Oracle.
- We need an excellent communicator, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Technical experience with IT, business systems (e.g. Oracle), EPM tools, finance/accounting, big data and relational database queries.
- Highly proficient in SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) – Standard and Embedded models
- Strong analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations and transform them into easily understood data visualizations and compelling presentations
- Advance Proficiency in the use (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, SharePoint, SQL, Access etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior BI, organizational and time management skills
- Strong Attention to Detail and Project Management Skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize assign tasks according to business/project needs
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Business, Decision Science or a closely related field (equivalent work experience and/or advanced certifications/degrees is a plus.)
- 5-8+ years of experience in an Accounting/Finance, IT or related Consulting role as it relates to providing BI Solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in leading/managing projects.
- 3-5+ years previous experience in business intelligence, accounting/finance and/or analytics
WORK CONDITION Work is conducted in a professional office environment, which is typically subject to stressful situations arising from set project timelines, delivery deadlines, and managing multiple projects and priorities. Ability to travel up to 10% may be required.
*US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or work on a Corp-to-Corp basis.* Modulant provides a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k plan and paid time off.
Modulant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, who are eligible for employment, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities. Modulant does not require, request, suggest, or cause an employee or prospective employee to take or submit to any lie detector test.
Work environment and physical demands/General office environment, including ability to:
- See and read computer screens
- Concentrate for long periods
- Remain in a sedentary position
- Sit for long periods
- Communicate via computer and telephone, and/or
- Lift and move computer equipment
Not a great fit? Other opportunities also available – Check out our jobs page at www.modulant.com/about/careers/current-openings. ***APPLY TODAY AND LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR INDUSTRY LEADING BENEFITS! As a professional seeking a position, you will have a Modulant Team that includes a Talent Sourcing Specialist, Senior Recruiter, and Client Manager all dedicated to understanding your individual career goals. We have deep client relationships that translate to the best opportunities for leading IT and Engineering professionals. Your Modulant Team will take the time to understand your needs thoroughly and only present your profile with permission. We represent you and act as your exclusive agent throughout the process. Before you work with a recruiter who is looking to just fill jobs consider having an entire Team dedicated to your pursuit of career growth and advancement. Modulant builds winning teams and YOU deserve only the best representation!
- Business Intelligence Systems Analyst – IT Finance- Contractor posted 22 days ago.